My wife, Kathy, and I moved to Eagle in 1978. We have five children fifteen grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren. Three of our children and their families live in Eagle. I am a retired high school teacher and administrator. For several years, I was the Coordinator of the Professional and Technical Programs in the Nampa School District. I am also a retired custom home builder of quality houses built in Eagle.
My education includes:
- AA Degree, Santa Rosa Community College
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree, California State University Sonoma
- Master of Arts (MA) Degree, Colorado State University
- Specialist Degree in Educational Administration, University of Idaho
My public service includes:
- Eagle City Council 1991 to 2007
- Idaho House of Representatives 2004 to 2006
- Idaho Senate 2006 to 2008
- College of Western Idaho Board of Trustees 2008 to present
My current term, on the Eagle City Council, began in 2015 and will end in 2019.
I believe that the Eagle City Council needs members who are problem solvers and consensus builders. My approach to issues is to be pragmatic and understand the situation before me, listen to testimony, and apply the ordinances and codes of the City, as a guide, in making decisions. I will listen and help the council come to reasoned decisions that will benefit the community. I participated in developing the new comprehensive plan that will guide the future development of the city. As Council President, I hope to bring stability, direction, and leadership to the council.