- Living Here
- Fiber Internet
Eagle Fiber Survey
If you want faster internet service, more provider options, and better internet reliability, tell us where to install Eagle Fiber next by taking our quick survey here or scanning the QR Code:
Eagle Fiber Internet Goals
Reliable internet connectivity is essential in the 21st century. Just as electricity enabled the first industrial revolution, fiber optic infrastructure is the foundation for the digital revolution. Residents in our city have been paying too much for mediocre access to the internet. As Eagle’s Mayor, I have made it a key priority of the City to build and establish local control of this essential infrastructure. The goals of the City for this project include the following:
- Increase access to affordable high-speed internet.
- Significantly increase the speed and reliability of internet access.
- Increase competition and give residents multiple options for ISPs on-demand in real-time.
- Build a state-of-the-art network that will improve economic development and foster innovation.
- Leverage the network to improve the services provided in the city including public safety, transportation, healthcare, education, emergency communications, and new services that will become possible with advanced network infrastructure.
If this initiative goes forward, the project would be developed with the following principles and objectives:
- Nobody will be forced to participate. Participation would be on a voluntary, opt-in basis.
- Taxes would not be increased to fund the network.
- The ongoing operation of the network would be self-sustaining and not dependent on any kind of subsidy from the City.
The unfortunate reality is that the current dominant internet access model in our country is one where network operators build closed systems that are designed to maximize profit and limit access. Alternatively, the Eagle Fiber Project seeks to maximize value and lower costs through competition. This public infrastructure will be open to any service provider that seeks to offer services in the city. The City has adopted this open model to achieve its goals because the network now touches nearly every part of life in our community.
- Jason Pierce - Mayor of Eagle