The City Council are your representatives for efficient and effective city management. The City Council has the ability to enact laws within the City of Eagle to ensure safety and preserve the unique community that in which they live.
City Council members are elected to a four-year term. Elections are held every other year. The members of the City Council are the legislative and policy-making branches of the City government. They attend all meetings of the Council and perform all duties by the nature of their office such as:
- Approve the payment of claims against the City
- Confirm city officials appointed by the Mayor
- Establish various committees to serve the City of Eagle
- Oversee improvements and work done for the City
- Pass ordinances and resolutions
Idaho Code and Eagle City Code establish the duties and powers of the City Council.